Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ellingham Hall

Our imminent departure spurred me into picture taking action! Here is a shot of the hall from the far corner of the Victorian garden.
Here's a shot of the lovely pond. It's home to assorted water fowl including ducks, geese and swans. A second swan pair tried to move in while we were here and we witnessed several days of epic swan battles* before they were finally chased off.
I think we put about 7,000 raspberry canes into the ground over four days. They all had to be heeled in (the job I got stuck with) and then trimmed down to about 6 inches (a job done by an only partially willing group of local teenagers).
The new Team Wwoof Headquarters a.k.a Magnolia Purgatory
Psst. I think she was lying about the food. She just called us over to point that little box at us. How lame is that?

*Epic swan battles mostly involve a lot of honking and beating of wings on the water's surface.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What!? Haven't you been paying attention? There is a ferocious man-eater three posts ago. Almost took me leg off while I was taking the picture.

    ReplyDelete